When Aprio was founded in 2003, there were few players in Canada’s board portal market. Aprio was the first to give board directors and executives convenient and secure access to board documents, calendars and discussion tools. The company grew rapidly building the trust of credit unions, crown corporations, public companies and non-profit and education institutions. Today, the customer wins are getting more competitive with global players active in the Canadian market. To best compete, Aprio engaged MI to help assess their marketing strategy, uncover any gaps and identify how best to allocate their investment to lead generation.
Identify how, within a limited budget, to best generate leads and compete in the board portal space against big competitors with mega-financed marketing campaigns.
What we did:
- Ongoing marketing leadership - oversee marketing strategy & execution
- Repositioning for growth - evaluated competitor marketing & positioning
- Brand Definition - preserved logo and created genuine, differentiated message
- Sales support - enhanced pitch slides and proposal
- Website - redesign, enhanced content and blog
- Customer campaigns - email campaigns and webinars to foster referrals
- Blog editorial & content support - ongoing SEO-enhanced content for lead gen
- Online advertising campaign - search engine marketing for lead gen
- Partnership co-marketing - identify best-fit partners, negotiate co-marketing to reach broad target audience.
- Increased web leads +82% year-over-year
- Website search rank now on page 1 for key terms, up from page 3 to 6
- Supported +20% sales growth
- Email open rates above 30% - double industry average.